A low-calorie diet is an effective way to combat overweight. this is very simple. Use available products and simple recipes, but such a nutritional system requires special methods because of the risk of hunger and fainting.
The human body obtains energy from the food we eat. The lack of calories from food forces the existing fat reserves to be exhausted. Only reducing the daily calorie content can cause this situation. In one case, it is recommended to reduce the intake of carbohydrates, the other is fat or protein.
A person must consume more calories than they consume. For this reason, it is necessary to increase physical activity and reduce the calorie content of the daily diet. Nutritional deficiencies provide the body with a choice: it can consume fat or protein. The second option is not recommended, because connective tissue and muscle tissue that perform important functions will be consumed.
In the early stages, weight loss occurs due to the release of excess water and harmful substances. The normalization of digestion leads to an improvement in blood composition. As a result, oxygen is transported to the tissues faster (the rate of lipolysis depends on it).
The effectiveness of this process depends on the daily calorie intake and the duration of the diet. As the body drains excess fluid and starts to consume fat tissue, the weight will drop more slowly for the next week.
Basic principles of low-calorie diet
Strict compliance with these rules will enable you to obtain results in the shortest possible time:
- Part of the food. It is recommended to eat 5-6 times a day.
- Meet the water balance. You should drink at least 2-2. 5 liters of fluids every day.
- The amount of fat consumed per day should not exceed 80 grams (plant-derived products should be preferred).
- The daily intake of complex carbohydrates should not exceed 100 grams (nuts, fruits and vegetables).
- Protein should be the basis of nutrition, because muscle tissue is formed by protein and requires a lot of energy to digest them.
- The preparation method of weight-loss food: boil, roast, stew and steam.
- The first dish should contain the minimum amount of grains and potatoes. Lean broth can be cooked several times a week (maximum serving size is 300 grams).
- Allow 2 boiled eggs per day.
- Fast carbohydrates (sweets) are completely excluded from the menu.
- The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited because they contain a lot of calories.
- Reduce the use of cholesterol-containing foods (butter, egg yolk, hard cheese, lard).
- The amount of salt consumed per day is reduced to 4 grams. It is recommended to use iodized salt instead of ordinary salt.
- Foods that increase appetite (spices, kimchi, condiments, canned food, bacon) should be avoided.
- To supplement the lack of nutrients, it is recommended to take a multivitamin.
- The last dinner should be done within 4 hours before going to bed.
How to calculate the calorie content of dishes?
Principles for calculating the energy value of dishes:
- You can read the product information on its packaging.
- Without packaging, you should look for information about calorie content on the Internet. In order to obtain more accurate results, it is recommended to compare figures from multiple sources.
- You can use the app with all product data. This can save a lot of time.
- A complex plate should be broken down into individual products, and each ingredient should be weighed separately. Calculate the calorie content of each product and add the numbers.
The product is only reborn. When the dish is ready, no calculations are made.
During the diet, it is recommended to use a special diary, enter all the meals you eat in the diary, and take their calorie content into account.
The following products are allowed in the low-calorie menu:
- Shelling (pearl barley, buckwheat);
- Lean meat, fish and poultry;
- Steamed meatballs and patties;
- Low-fat broth and vegetable broth;
- Bread (coarse ground, rye, with bran);
- Vegetables (raw or cooked in a double pot);
- Low-calorie fruits (oranges, apples);
- Unsweetened beverages (tea, coffee, juice);
- Fermented dairy products (kefir, yogurt, cheese).
- Rich pastries, white bread;
- Milk, sweetened and fatty dairy products;
- Fatty meat and poultry;
- Sausages (smoked and boiled);
- Canned food (meat and fish);
- Fatty fish, smoked fish and salted fish;
- Egg yolks, scrambled eggs;
- Cereals (oats, rice, semolina);
- Sweet fruits (bananas, figs, grapes);
- Sweet juice, jelly, candied fruit, ice cream, jam, honey;
- Mayonnaise and ketchup;
- Animal fat and cooking fat;
- Carrots and beets can be eaten in limited quantities.
How many pounds can you lose?
The number of kilograms lost depends on the severity of the diet. With a moderate diet, the numbers on the scale will slowly change (2-3 kg per week). A low-calorie diet can allow you to lose up to 5 kg in 7 days.
The types of low-calorie diets vary in the calorie content of the daily diet.
A balanced diet assumes consumption of 1, 600 to 1, 800 kcal per day (depending on the person’s gender). The body must gradually adapt to the new system. The goal of the first stage is to cope with overeating and develop the habit of eating less and more meals.
Approximate daily menu:
- Breakfast-boiled barley porridge (200 grams), green apples, sugar-free green tea;
- Snack yogurt without additives (150 ml);
- Lunch-vegetable soup (200 grams), steamed fish (150 grams);
- Afternoon tea-fruit puree or tomato juice (1 cup);
- Dinner-boiled veal (150 g), vegetable salad with homemade sour cream or olive oil (200 g), mineral water (1 cup).
Then, if necessary, introduce a limited diet for 2 or 3 weeks.
The limited menu assumes that 1100-1200 kcal is consumed per day. The share of plant-derived protein foods is increasing. For the fastest weight loss, the menu can alternate with fasting days (not more than 3 times a week).
Fasting day options:
- Watermelon, apple, cucumber (300 grams for 5 meals);
- Vegetable salad seasoned with cold-pressed vegetable oil (flaxseed, olives), sour cream or homemade yogurt (250 g each time 3 times a day)
- Low-fat milk and kefir (6 times a day, 250 ml);
- Kefir (5 times 100 grams);
- Boiled fish or meat (5 times 80-100 grams);
- Freshly squeezed fruit juice or medicinal decoction diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 2 (1-1. 5 liters per day).
The best duration is 1 week. The diet can be extended for one month, gradually replacing some foods with other foods, taking into account their energy value. Choose a balanced and moderate low-calorie diet suitable for pregnant women.
Maximum limit (limit)
The daily food intake is between 600 and 800 kcal. The menu is rather monotonous and includes boiled meat or vegetables. This weight loss method is only suitable for healthy people who are slightly overweight.
Pros and cons
Advantages of the diet:
- Lack of strict bans. You can eat any food, but their total calorie content should not exceed the daily intake. You have to choose between a small portion of sweets and a large, low-calorie meal. The second option will help you avoid hunger.
- effectiveness. By correctly calculating the body's daily energy requirements, the excess weight will disappear quickly and will not cause health hazards.
- Self-discipline. It is necessary to constantly calculate the calorie content of the dishes and weigh the food, and develop the habit of strictly observing the rules.
Despite its many advantages, this system has one disadvantage-the need to carry a notebook with you. The accuracy of calorie counting can be a challenge for some people because visual weighing is not considered objective.
Diet is restricted by a strict time frame. The duration depends on the calorie content of the diet. The minimum duration is 5 days. The duration of restrictive dietary choices cannot exceed 10 days, otherwise there is a risk of health deterioration.
If necessary, you can continue to lose weight by resting for a month, so that your body has time to rest and replenish nutritional reserves. A moderate program is easier to tolerate, but the effect is less. From a health point of view, this is the best choice for weight loss.
Sample low-calorie diet menu for weight loss
The low-calorie diet of the weight loss menu (with recipes) is presented as a breakdown of each day of the week.
During snacks, you can eat low-fat dairy products, vegetables and fruits (100-150 grams) in small amounts. At night, physical activity is reduced, so excess calories will cause excess weight to be deposited.
The daily calorie content on the first day of the diet (and all subsequent diets) is 1200 kcal.
- Breakfast: rice porridge (boil 4 teaspoons, add a little low-fat milk and dried fruits);
- Snack: grated apple;
- Lunch: cabbage salad, chicken soup;
- Afternoon snack: Kefir (1-2%);
- Dinner: grilled fish, salad (cucumber and tomato).
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs (1 egg yolk, 2 protein and low-fat milk);
- Snack: grated carrots;
- Lunch: boiled chicken, salad (cucumber, herbs);
- Afternoon snack: tomato juice;
- Dinner: beef balls, lettuce seasoned with olive oil.
- Breakfast: low-fat cheese with orange slices;
- Snack: baked apples;
- Lunch: stewed vegetables (pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, cabbage, carrots, onions, herbs), add minced chicken;
- Afternoon snack: oranges;
- Dinner: fish stew, salad (green beans and herbs).
- Breakfast: berry oatmeal, soaked in hot low-fat milk;
- Snack: pear (fresh or baked);
- Lunch: soup (no meat), boiled turkey, salad (broccoli, herbs, olive oil);
- Afternoon snack: kefir with berries;
- Dinner: boiled veal, roasted vegetables (zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, onions).
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge with a small amount of low-fat milk and butter;
- Snack: grapefruit;
- Lunch: chicken chop, salad (Chinese cabbage, fresh cucumber and vegetables);
- Afternoon snack: apple juice;
- Dinner: fish steak (salmon, salmon), tomatoes.
- Breakfast: millet milk porridge, some dried fruits;
- Snacks: non-fat yogurt without additives;
- Lunch: meatball soup (veal), vegetable salad;
- Afternoon snack: Bifidobacterium with fresh berries;
- Dinner: boiled eggs (2), salad (cucumber, herbs).
- Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole (contains 1 raw egg, chopped berries or fruit);
- Snack: grated apple;
- Lunch: chicken breast (roasted or boiled), stewed vegetables (cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, peas, onions, zucchini);
- Afternoon snack: low-fat fermented roasted milk;
- Dinner: boiled turkey, cucumber (2 pcs), tomato (2 pcs).
The menu can be revised, following the basic principles of its preparation. You can choose the food you like and cook it more frequently than others. Ensure that the daily calorie content does not exceed 1200 kcal.
Quit the diet
Exiting the diet correctly helps to consolidate the results obtained. For this reason, it is recommended to slowly increase the calorie content, but not to exceed the value before weight loss.
In the first week, the calorie content increased by 10%. In the second-add another 5% (if the weight has not started to increase). Physical activity must be present. It is recommended to get more fresh air and move around. Don't forget the drinking program.
Snacks can be included in the diet, but their number and calorie content can be limited to avoid stretching the stomach (a serving should not exceed 250 grams). If possible, you should continue to restrict consumption of prohibited foods.
You can use honey or sweeteners instead of sugar instead of mayonnaise, and you can use homemade sauces based on kefir or yogurt. Salt can be replaced with spices or lemon juice.
Drink 1 glass of water on an empty stomach in the morning to help promote metabolism. As a result, the work of the gastrointestinal system is improved and the metabolic process is activated.
It is not recommended to use this diet to remove the fat layer from the abdomen and waist.
With this system, first of all, the chest and cheeks lose weight. These changes will only affect the required areas at the end of the week.
This weight loss method is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Children and adolescents;
- Mature age (after 50 years old);
- The smallest deviation between the weight and the specification;
- There are chronic diseases, especially gastrointestinal diseases.
Low-calorie diet recipes
The low-calorie menu has different recipes. You are allowed to make your own changes to the recipe, but subject to the daily limit.
The following ingredients are required:
- Low-fat cheese-500 grams;
- Large eggs-2 pieces;
- Raisins-80 grams;
- Dried apricots-3 pcs.
- Pour in the dried fruits with warm water, then rinse thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs until frothy and mix with the cheese.
- Grind dried apricots and add dried fruits to the curd.
- Transfer the resulting composition to a baking pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
Cool slightly and remove from the mold.
- Zucchini-1 piece;
- Eggplant-1 piece;
- Tomatoes-5 pcs;
- Onion-1 piece.
- Bulgarian pepper-1 piece;
- Garlic-1 clove;
- Parsley-20 grams;
- Sunflower oil-2 tablespoons. . ;
- Salt, black pepper-to taste.
- Cut the eggplant, zucchini and 4 tomatoes into thin slices.
- Rub the eggplant with salt, let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse it off.
- Layer the chopped vegetables into the baking dish.
- Chop the onion and herbs together, and chop the pepper and tomato.
- Saute onions in oil, add chopped vegetables and herbs.
- Sauté the vegetables first, then grind them with a blender.
- Season the vegetables with the resulting sauce and close the lid.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes.
Grilled fish with vegetables
To prepare this dish, you need the following products:
- Red pepper-1 piece;
- Tomato-1 piece;
- Lime-1 piece;
- Cod fillet (or any other white fish)-500 grams;
- Onions-½ pieces;
- Garlic-2 cloves;
- Spices (basil, black pepper, turmeric, parsley, rosemary)-to taste;
- olive oil.
- Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Chop tomatoes and peppers.
- Chop onion, basil, garlic and parsley.
- Simmer the onion and garlic in a frying pan with 3 tablespoons. Lake water.
- Add pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chopped herbs, turmeric and black pepper.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the frying pan. Simmer the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Wash the fish fillets, put them on the baking tray, drizzle the adjusted sauce and drizzle with rosemary.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes.
Canned chicken or chicken muffins
The following products are required:
- Chicken fillet-500 grams;
- Onion-1 piece.
- Oat bran-5 tablespoons. . ;
- Egg-1 piece;
- Low-fat milk-100 ml;
- Salt, before-to taste.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and grind in a blender with onions and eggs.
- Pour the bran into the water and let it expand (10-15 minutes).
- Mix the bran with minced meat, salt and pepper.
- Dispense the composition in a silicone mold, put it in the oven, and preheat to 180°C for 25 minutes.
The average calorie content of muffins is 105 to 110 kcal. A serving of protein is 17 grams.
Diet stuffed cabbage rolls with mushrooms
The following ingredients are required:
- Chinese cabbage-200 grams;
- Carrots-½ pieces;
- Shiitake mushrooms-5 pieces;
- Tomato-1 piece;
- Sheep cheese-to taste;
- Salt and black pepper-to taste;
- Onion-1 piece;
- Garlic-2 cloves.
- Finely chop shiitake mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
- Grate the garlic and carrots.
- Transfer the prepared food to the pot.
- Simmer on low heat (add water, no oil).
- Season with salt and pepper and add spices to taste.
- Put the cabbage leaves in boiling water and cook until soft.
- Remove the vegetables from the broth.
- Put the filler on each piece of paper and wrap it up.
- Transfer the prepared cabbage rolls to a deep frying pan (or saucepan), and then pour the broth.
Diet balsamic vinegar
To prepare balsamic vinegar, you need the following products:
- Small celery root-1 piece;
- Carrot-1 piece;
- Beet-1 piece;
- Pickled cucumbers-1-2 pieces;
- Onion-1 piece.
- Green beans-3 tablespoons. . ;
- Vegetable oil-1 tbsp. . ;
- Salt to taste.
- All rooting should be pre-baked in foil at 200°C for 1 hour.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut the carrots into small cubes and pour them into a bowl.
- In the same way, chop the celery root and add it to the carrots.
- Add chopped beets.
- Cucumbers can be peeled (if they are very hard). Cut into cubes, pour into a colander, and let the salt water drain. Then mix with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add chopped onions and green beans.
- Season with vegetable oil and stir. Add salt if necessary.
The calorie content of 1 serving is 188 kcal. The difference between this balsamic vinegar and the classic balsamic vinegar is that there are no potatoes. It is replaced by celery or boiled peas (or beans). Peas can be used fresh and frozen.
Cucumbers (preserved or pickled) should be free of preservatives (vinegar, sugar, acetylsalicylic acid). If necessary, sauerkraut can be added. For the seasoning, you can use different oils: sesame, olive oil, corn. Onions can be replaced with green ones.